If you are over the age of 21 and choose to drink alcohol. Make smart choices and utilize the protective strategies below to assist you:
- Alternate non-alcoholic with alcoholic beverages and no more than one drink per hour.
- Designate a sober driver or identify one of FSU’s safe transportation options from the list below:
- S.A.F.E. Connection / 850-644-SAFE (7233) / Travel around campus at night / 7 days a week / 7:00PM - 2:30AM
- Nole Cab / 850-999-9999 / $5 per ride / Up to 4 students /up to 2 stops / 1 Student must present FSUCard / 7 days a week / 10:00PM - 4:00AM
- Nite Nole bus route / Monday – Saturday / 10:30PM - 3:00AM
- Yellow Cab Taxi / 850-999-9999 / Full service Cab Company / open 24/7
- Gotcha Ride / 850-270-6787 / Rides on campus and downtown / call for hours.
- Watch who makes your drink, and keep it in your possession at all times.
- Avoid pre-gaming, chugging, dares and drinking games.
- Set a limit on how many drinks you are going to have and stick to it.
- Eat before and/or during drinking.
- Keep track of your drinks.
- Do not mix alcohol with other substances.
- Do not drink alcohol with stimulants such as Red Bull
- Know the signs of alcohol poisoning and do not be afraid to call for medical assistance if needed.